The Shift Engineer is a Preventative Maintenance and Focussed Improvement specialist engaged to optimise the running and maintenance of equipment within the factory. Where breakdowns occur the multi-skilled technician will act to diagnose and troubleshoot faults and where necessary will recommend design improvements.
- Mechanical Skills and Focused Technician; knowledge and application of technical skills and expertise to ensure the provision of effective engineering support within team, focused on delivering performance targets. Directly contributes to improved safety, quality, sustainability and cost.
- Preventative Maintenance Specialist and user of Condition Based Monitoring.
- Fully Operational on Mechanisms, Motion.
- Electrical Skills and Diagnostic Technician; Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Establish power distribution systems and electrical control circuits.
- Install electrical drive systems and Control Loops.
- Instrumentation and Control Skills: Demonstrate an understanding of the Internal Architecture of Programme Logic Control (PLC) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS); their Applications and Knowledge of the Number Systems they use
- Amend control and software documentation.
- Manage PLC and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks (eg Programme modifications, Force Devices and fault finding).
- Safety - Utilise all appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment to ensure a safe working environment for the whole team.
- Work Place Hazards - Full knowledge of the workplace and hazards within it. Utilise appropriate safety and environmental procedures for people, processes, materials, products and equipment relevant to the task.
- Environment - Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials.
- Quality - Ensure that all aspects of Quality within the area of responsibility are in accordance with local Quality procedures to protect and promote the brand and product.
- Leadership - Promote the development of a highly effective team through strong communication, leading by example whilst keeping focused on goals and targets. Great teams and great leaders will achieve superior performance.
- Continuous Improvement - Use performance measures to identify and prioritise losses in production area. Apply rigorous Cost Deployment and the Zero loss concept to eliminate losses.
- WCM - Knowledge and understanding of the key principles of WCM and the impact this has on the Key Performance Indicators in the production area (PQSCDMI); must understand the critical inter-relation between WCM and TPM.
- Problem Solving - Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Decision Making - Makes and implements technical decisions which can impact the plan for the week.
- Project Management - Achieve the desired outcomes of the project in line with agreed plans using appropriate project management tools and techniques to ensure the efficient use of technical, financial and human resources.
- Business Awareness - Understanding of the need to meet changing demands and the role of marketing and product innovation in growing the business and increasing the company's share.
- Post Apprenticeship Skill level in at least 2 of the 3 relevant engineering disciplines (as graded by national standards): Mechanical Electrical Instrumentation and Control , Electrical, Mechanical
- Previous experience writing reports
- Data analysis and mechanical calculations experience
- Proven leadership and previous experience coaching an individual/team Programme Logic Control qualifications.
- Experience of manufacturing in a Fast Moving Consumer Goods Company and World Class Manufacturing.
- Experience as a team member within a project Management team with an awareness of project management tools and techniques.
Please ask for further details