Night Shift Multi Skilled Engineer
A Night Shift Multi Skilled Engineer is required at an international FMCG manufacturing and production business based near Preston. In this role you would be responsible for ensuring the manufacturing facility is kept running at its optimal level by carrying out preventative and reactive maintenance within a team of multi skilled engineers. Reporting to the Night Shift Engineering Manager you would work the night engineering function efficiently against measurable KPI's
Michael Page are working alongside a multinational manufacturing and production business based near Preston. This business is a well-known brand within the food industry. The company has been established for over 100 years and has gone from strength to strength and continuous to grow, develop and innovate.
The company is an excellent place to work offering good salaries, benefits with a strong family feel within the business. Many employees working for this company have been with them for an excess of 10 years showing that they look after their employees and it's a place that people want to stay, develop and progress within.
Night Shift Multi Skilled Engineer (Electrical Bias) Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure plant and personnel (including external contractors) conform to Health & Safety legislation, policy and standards identifying any required actions so that the area of responsibility is healthy, safe and accident free.
- Delivering planned and reactive maintenance in order to achieve engineering KPIs.
- Compliance with all food safety policies and procedures (eg. HACCP, BRC)
- Supporting the Engineering Management Team through attendance of site meetings and completion of actions.
- Establish and maintain effective communication channels.
- Utilise the use of CI tools on a daily basis.
- Identification of continuous improvement projects within the department.
- Bring forward suggestions and solutions to the Engineering Management to prevent poor machinery performance
- Identify required spares
- Diagnose mechanical and electrical breakdowns, assessing the best course of action and conducting a performance repair
- Undertake remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
The Successful Night Shift Multi Skilled Engineer:
- Structured and practical engineering training (eg. apprenticeship / HNC / degree).
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a FMCG environment.
- Minimum 2 years manufacturing experience
- Electrical biased
Shifts - 10pm - 6am