Maintenance Engineer required to join a growing, talented maintenance team within a UK FMCG Manufacturing and Production business. This is working on continental shifts 6am-6pm 2 days 2 nights, offering a competitive salary + Benefits.
I am working with a UK manufacturing and production business based in Greater Manchester. They produce a number of products within the food market and supply major UK retailers.
Maintenance Engineer Working Hours:
Continental Shifts, 2 days 2 nights 6-6
Maintenance Engineer Key Responsibilities:
- To work as an active part of a skilled / multi-skilled department.
- Ensure fast and effective response especially under breakdown conditions.
- To assist in the planning/implementation of current and future projects
- Continuous development of knowledge and familiarity with the engineering requirements of the production electrical systems and machinery
- To quickly diagnose faults and rectify.
- To ensure planned maintenance work is completed to strict time schedules.
- To assist in the training of Engineers, Apprentices, Operator-technicians and others where necessary.
- Ensure good working practices are adhered to including Health and Safety, and Hygiene.
- Highly effective teamwork, utilising colleagues to complete work in a safe and cost efficient manner
- Minimal unscheduled downtime through immediate response and rectification of problems, prioritisation to key areas
- Continuous improvement of equipment, improving safety, efficiency, changeovers and minimising downtime.
- Planned maintenance work completed with full documentation. Followed by a smooth start up on production run
- Good working relationship with other departments personnel
The Successful Maintenance Engineer:
- Experience of working within an FMCG environment, ideally Food, beverage or Pharmaceutical business
- Appropriate multi-skilled engineering qualification (mechanical or Electrical)
- Appropriate electrical skills
- PC literate (Excel/Outlook/CMMS)
- Flexible and proactive approach
- Good Communication Skills
- Production output driven.
Competitive Salary + Benefits