Production Manager - Night Shift
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £230 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Production Manager to be based in our Manufacturing sites in Southall.
As a Production Manager you will be responsible for setting and ensuring the delivery of agreed KPI’s within their areas of responsibilities, in a way that the KPI’s are understood and that the necessary systems are in place to collect the required data to measure and drive through performance and improvements against the agreed KPI’s.
- Ensure Good Manufacturing Practices are understood and adhered to throughout the department and the best practice is implemented
- Instill standards of quality, food safety, legality, hygiene and housekeeping which are appropriate to a quality food manufacturer
- To develop and implement business plans for their area, in conjunction with other functions, to drive the business forward. These would include costs, delivery, quality, H&S etc
- To continually assess and where needed, develop the structure of their area to best meet the business needs
- To specify basic production standards for their area (behavioural and operational standards) and develop “Best practice”.
- Work closely with other Production Managers to ensure consistency and fairness across the business
- To create and develop effective communication channels, monitor effectiveness and continuously improve methods
- build strong relationships with support functions such as technical & Human Resources to help drive through improvements
- Work effectively with development teams in the transfer of products from “kitchen to factory”.
- Improve the skills of the Team Leaders
- Meet budget requirements for labour and materials
This role is a full-time, working 48 hours per week. The shift pattern is on a '4 on 4 off' shift basis, the working times would be from 19:30 to 07:30.
The ideal candidate
- A good understanding of educational achievement, either through education or gained at work
- Previous experience of leading production teams in an FMCG environment
- Previous experience of leading teams effectively
- Strong analytical skills
- Natural Problem-Solver
- Ability to work under pressure
- Level 3 Health & Safety - IOSH
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £40,000 per annum
- 23 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.