Up to £18,000 (rising to £18,500 after 6 months)
Ref code: FMW18332
One of the United Kingdom's leading meat processors, our client has multi-site locations and a well-established customer base including many of the leading UK retailers, food service and further food processing businesses with an outstanding product catalogue.
Provide assistance to the Departmental Supervisor and Buying Manager as and when required with daily and exceptional tasks.
Provide assistance and carry out duties for the Finishing Farms Manager and the Farms Assistant.
Assist the Buying team with the preparation and issuing of information and requirements to all appropriate stakeholders.
On occasion there will be a requirement to liaise with farmers and farming transportation companies regarding deliveries, documentation and information.
To assist with maintaining the departmental database, ensuring that all data required to meet site, customer and legal standards is accurate and in date, and regularly checking the database to identify any out of date information and update this accordingly.
To create movement licences and to supply confirmation of movements for suppliers within 24 hours, and to send confirmation to appropriate governing body.
To assist the Manager in liaising with animal suppliers to ensure adequate and timely supply of animals to match production requirements.
To provide kill information to relevant departments as required on a daily basis.
To deal with day to day queries from suppliers, including payment queries.
To input data, maintain spreadsheets and run reports as required to the agreed level of accuracy and timeliness.
To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Buying Manager and Finishing Farms Manager, to the agreed level of accuracy and timelines.
- Experience within an administrative role
- An agricultural background would be an advantage
- Experience of data inputting and report running
- Microsoft Office and use of databases
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to maintain good, accurate records.
- Good communication skills with people at all levels of the business
- Self-motivated and driven, with the ability to take ownership of issues
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work under pressure at times
- Willingness to take on extra roles and responsibilities where required
Ref Code: FMW18332
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention Lisa Fox to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8203 1000.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.