Interim Project Manager
Interim Project Manager
6 Month contract (Potentially longer)
- Project manage excellent execution of key Quality projects, supporting Quality integration of the new brands, including innovation projects in consumer services. Ensure collaboration and effective communication within the cross functional project team as well as within the Quality function.
- Support the consumer services manager in the effective management of the 3rd party incumbent.
Core Areas / Capability matrix
- Understands and uses a variety of planning and project management tools.
- Through questioning / challenging with project team is able to create an effective project plan, identify and manage dependencies
- Drives & holds the project team to deliver against the plan.
Issue & Risk Management
- Effectively communicates and escalates risks & issues to relevant stakeholders and is able to lead & drive to solutions
- Is able to lead the project team to identify risks & issues and develop risk management strategies and alternative solutions
Scoping & project briefing
- Is able to lead a team to define a clear project brief & scope
- Understands impact of scope changes on project and other activities in business knows how & when scope change needs to be escalated/ challenged and is able to work with partners to resolve
Governance, process definition, reporting & tracking
- Aware of the relevant project management process and governance and ensures project being managed adhere to these processes.
- Effectively communicates all key project information (ie. risks, actions, current status, issues) and ensures it is understood by all relevant stakeholder
- Understand the principles of change management and the best practice approach to executing change well.
- Understand the barriers to change and manage barriers to and resistance to change effectively by communicating the plan (and the benefits) to the team and to the broader stakeholder community
Project Process, Systems and Tools
- Ability to understand and follow project methodology and governance processes as established in the business, observing mandates and control steps as necessary guarantees of project quality
- Manages project requirements - specifies resources required against the project plan and agrees them with the project Sponsor.
- Reacts to changes in Resource requirements.
- Understands the importance of building a strong team
- Can plan and hold structured & well conducted meetings
- Tracks team delivery and is able to hold team to account
- Identify stakeholder map for each project and assess influence and interest
- Use a communication plan to engage stakeholders - listen and communicate details of the project and it's progress
- Manage escalations of stakeholders
Engagement with senior project stakeholders/project sponsors/Quality leadership
- Internal cross functional colleagues : Category Marketing, Finance, Procurement, R&D, Supply chain, Sales, local markets, logistics and planning
- NFE PMO Team
- NFE Quality team
- Degree qualified
- At least 2 years previous Food/ FMCG commercial project [management] experience
- Project Management qualification (or studying),
- Prince2 Desirable
If this sounds of interest call Scott Ballantine at D R Newitt Immediately on 0131 226 5060