TECHNICAL MANAGER – CHILLED FOODS INDUSTRY
Technical Manager – Chilled Foods Industry
£60,000 plus benefits
A great opportunity has arisen to join an ever growing manufacturer of chilled foods. They are market leader from within this innovation led category. A team of 1,000 lead their 24-7 manufacturing sites across the UK and over 50% have done so for over 5 years; people development and engagement are at the heart of the business.
Due to continued development a Technical Manager position has now been created. Key responsibilities include:
- Working as part of the senior team, contributing to the overall strategy and planning
- Ensuring food safety and quality policies are adhered to
- Liaising with both retailers and technical teams within the group
- Ensuring HACCP systems are operating effectively
- Managing the team of QA managers and ensuring the development and maintaining of systems and procedures
- Overall responsibility for upkeep and review of quality manual
- Ensuring internal audits are regularly carried out, reviewed and updated as necessary
- Undertaking projects from the MD or Head of technical and stand in his/her absence
In order to be considered for this opportunity you will currently be working in a Technical Manager role within the meat or chilled sector. Experience managing a sizeable team is essential, as is an understanding of food science and technology. A degree in this area is preferred but not essential.
If you think that you would be suitable for this role and would like to discuss further please call the office on 0113 2054970 and ask to speak to Sophie MacLellan.