Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Glasgow, Food Manufacturing
To maintain a wide range of production equipment as well as general maintenance and installation within the Company planned preventative maintenance system, on line fault finding and process development on a day to day basis with responsibility of working on one's own initiative during shifts, reporting to the Lead Engineer.
- Carrying out maintenance work with due diligence and in compliance with Food Safety, Health and Safety and legal and quality systems.
- Ensure that Engineering maintenance is carried out in line with the planned preventative maintenance system, scheduling and corrective action is taken when required. Booking of the work undertaken with duration and materials used through the Company CMMS.
- To deal with any unscheduled and emergency maintenance work, including all fault finding and necessary repair and striving to identify the root cause in each occasion. Booking of the duration, root cause and materials used through the Company CMMS
- Communicating unscheduled downtime to the Lead Engineer, Engineering Manager or Production Manager and the corrective action required and root cause if this has been identified.
- Housekeeping. All works performed following a 'clean as you go' ethic in accordance with good manufacturing practise
- Responsible for ensuring the workshop and individual toolboxes are maintained to the highest standards and in line with Good Manufacturing Practise "GMP" standards
- Identification of improvements that can be made to production lines or individual machinery or other operations.
- Ensuring that engineering supplies requested as appropriate to engineering works being carried out.
- Dealing with day to day issues and identifying and delivering repair and maintenance as needs arise for them.
- Participation in continuous improvement/profit improvement projects/major project as required and directed.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Multi-skilled engineering experience ideally from an FMCG environment
- Self starter
- Good communication skills
Hours of Work: Shifts: 4on - 4 off (2 early & 2 late)
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Food, Drink, Beverages, Production, Stirling, Falkirk, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Kilmarnock
Apply for Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly