Job Title: Technical Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Location: London + up to 50% travel internationally
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: VAC - 24493
I’m currently representing a highly successful FMCG business who are looking for a Technical Manager to be based in London, however be flexible with international travel. They have grown massively over the past years, and are in a great position to become a market leading brand in the near future.
- The Technical Manager will collaborate with the Operations Team in the search of new production sites to ensure that the right information about formulas and processes are communicated.
- The Technical Manager will collaborate with flavour house chemists/ scientist with batching instructions to help to transfer bench and sensory knowledge to assist co-packers during innovation production runs.
- The Technical Manager is responsible for the technical coordination at test runs at new plants with internal and external stakeholders, with an emphasis on test parameters, process specification, formulations etc.
- The Technical Manager will manage the in-house knowledge base of product parameters associated with everything involved in the processing of our portfolio of products to enable a global approach to processing based on the collected efforts between our different teams as well as our flavour houses.
- Project-manage and document projects aimed to improve/ establish processing.
- Manage/ design shelf-life tests with external labs
- Lead processing specific technical meetings regarding MIs with flavour houses.
- Trouble shoot issues/ consumer relations issues related with batching or raw materials.
- Train with flavour houses to understand the mixing instructions, control points and sensory targets for new formulas to enable successful transfer of mixing instructions to new co-packers.
- Coordinate with flavour houses, vendors and OPS to ensure ingredient availability for trials and first production runs
- Lead sampling, sensory and analysis of formulations from test runs with the purpose of establishing the right processing.
- Attend commercialization calls with bottler’s technical teams to help to explain, standardize and document our formulas and processing criteria’s.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience within a Technical Manager role in Beverages or Food manufacturing environment
- Degree in Food, Chemical, Processing Engineering or other related technical degree is preferred. Related training and experience can be substituted for education.
- Passion for the industry and switched on mind
- Own initiate to mould the role
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Roberta@advocate-group.co.uk or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.