The purpose of the role of the Supervisor is to take full responsibility for achieving planned processing and production output across the site, ensuring that the whole site is being operated safely and is meeting defined quality, GMP and customer service standards.
- Setting shift processing and packing targets and plans.
- Ensuring correct staff and skills available to fulfil planned requirements.
- Identify skills shortages of team members and work with Engineering Manager to develop and coach team members.
- Monitoring and reviewing production conformance to plan.
- Updating production data (planned v actual).
- Ensuring correct and timely supply of materials required to fulfil planned requirements.
- Ensure the site is operated to company Health and Safety Policy and that GMP standards including housekeeping are met at all times.
- Carry out daily GMP and Health and Safety audits.
- Proactively deal with and prioritise shift actions.
- Identify and potential losses and propose actions to improve/remove.
- Ensuring the oncoming shift is correctly set up and ready to operate.
- Ensure all team members understand and fulfil their responsibilities.
- Work proactively with processing, packing and logistics teams to improve site standards and efficiencies.
- Ensure any specific engineering issues are accurately reported in the Shift Engineers report.
- Cover for absence: Shift Supervisors
Must have food manufacturing experience and have worked in a similar role
This role is also waged ( £13.02 /hr which is £26.4k on a standard 39 hour week). Overtime is paid at x 1.5.
This role involves working 7-3:30pm each day with alternative weekend working.
When weekends are worked, you have the Fri & Mon off.
All roles attract a company salary, a business performance bonus and free access to company products for home consumption.