Quality Assurance Manager - Full-Time - Wimbledon
At this exciting time of rapid expansion for Lidl, we have continued to pride ourselves on not only meeting, but exceeding the expectations of every customer, through providing products of the highest possible quality across our stores.
At the heart of our efforts to ensure that the highest quality standards are upheld is our Quality Assurance department, and due to our success and exponential growth an exciting opportunity has now arisen for an experienced, focussed and highly proactive Quality Assurance Manager to lead this team.
This individual will be joining a team of 28 . The successful candidate will directly manage a team of 3 and act as disciplinary manager to another 2. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Quality Assurance.
What will you do?
- Managing day to day tasks within the Quality Assurance department, ensuring internal compliance with our Quality Management Systems and externally with all legislative requirements
- Managing the analysis programme ensuring all food items are tested to an approved schedule, non-conformances are investigated and corrective actions closed out
- Managing the suppler auditing programme, ensuring audits are conducted and corrective actions are closed out in a timely manner
- Managing the fruit and vegetable pesticide testing and reduction programme
- Approving the complete fruit and vegetable supply chain
- Generating key technical KPI data and compiling reports
- To investigate and action any potential recalls
- Investigating non-conformances
- Working closely with other internal departments to ensure continuous quality improvement
- Providing technical guidance to the buying and Quality Assurance teams and ensuring team members are driven, motivated and working towards quality driven results for the business
- Driving continuous improvement throughout the Quality Assurance department
What will you need?
- Degree educated or equivalent in a food related discipline
- Proven, substantial experience working either in food manufacturing or in a retail environment
- Experience managing a small team in a similar position
- Experience in direct customer and supplier interfaces
- Excellent knowledge of BRC, HACCP and QMS standards
- German language is desirable but not essential
- Full, clean driving licence
What do we offer?
- £40,000 – £50,750 per annum (subject to experience)
- 10% London Weighting benefit (non contractual) for employees working within the M25
- 35 days holiday per annum (pro rata, including Bank Holidays)
- Private medical insurance
- A contributory pension scheme
- 10% discount on all Lidl products, in all stores throughout the UK
- Access to corporate discounts on a range of products and services (including holidays, home and garden products, leisure activities and more)
- Initial training and on-going development from an experienced team member
- Excellent long-term career prospects