Senior Supply Chain Planner
1. ROLE – SENIOR SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER
2. BUSINESS GROUP - SUPPLY CHAIN
3. LOCATION - SOUTHALL , LONDON
4. PURPOSE OF ROLE
As Senior Planner you'll supervise the Supply & Demand Planning activities for the entire UK product portfolio in order to achieve success in all key performance indicators across inventory, stock availability, inbound freight and supplier performance. You will be responsible for maintaining successful relationships with vendors, 3rd party providers and internal stakeholders.
5. REPORTING AND KEY RELATIONSHIPS
Direct Report - UK Supply Chain Manager – Line Manager Key Relationships – Supply Chain, Sales, Suppliers, Logistics providers, Technical, Warehouses and Wholesale.
6. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise the day to day planning function within Supply Chain portfolio.
- Perform planning activities for nominated supplier base.
- Be a front runner in leading, supervising & coaching the overall planning team.
- Realign purchases in line with migration, new listing and delisting plans
- Ensure consistently high stock availability levels for all products across all depots, including VMI
- Proactively identify and alert supply risks to drive tactical and strategic business decisions
- Issue daily report related to stock availability, loss sales, and ad hoc reports using different systems and strive to improve business communications around stock availability and forward risks
- Act as escalation point and problem solver.
- Liaise with 3rd party distributors and logistics providers to ensure the timely availability of stock
- Drive an on-going programme of inventory reduction and optimisation activities to ensure targets are achieved.
- Ensure suppliers and stakeholder’s issues and requests are dealt promptly and efficiently.
- Cover other planners during holidays.
7. ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
Demand Planning and Inventory Control experience within the food sector with at least 5 years’ experience.
SAP and Excel with at least 5 years’ experience.
International and national Logistics experience (preferred within the food sector) minimum 3 years.
8. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Supply Chain: Demand & Supply Planning/Inventory Management, Logistics planning.
Problem solver, pro-active, with a `can do` attitude. Passionate for supply chain and food industry
Good communication skills and the ability to develop good cross functional, and collaborative working relationships. Must be able to juggle multiple tasks and cope calmly under pressure.
9. KEY MEASURES
KPI’s – Supplier Service Level, Stock Holding, Lost Sales and Customer Service
Accountability, Customer Focus, Action Orientated, Drives Results, Communicates Effectively, Financial Acumen, Team player and a Nimble learner.