Quality Assurance Manager - 11 month FTC - North West
Quality Assurance Manager
11 month FTC - Pro rata £36k
Our client is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to support the business for an 11 month fixed term contract paying pro rata £36,000. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a premium food manufacturer currently supplying to all major supermarket retailers.
Reporting to the Head of Technical you will provide effective leadership and management of the shift QA Team to ensure compliance of the sites technical policies and standards.
The main duties and responsibilities of the role include:
- Ensure that the job description and duties of the ‘QA’s’ are being adhered to and are correct for the needs of the business.
- Ensure that the factory operations team is supported by the QA department.
- Ensure sufficient resource for the QA team to complete their responsibilities and duties. Refer to the ‘agreed QA task list’ for full details and priorities.
- Manage and develop systems and procedures to maintain product quality on site through the company’s quality management systems, critical and quality control points and company polies and procedures.
- Ensure that the controls as identified in the HACCP plans for the site are adhered to and developed in conjunction with the needs of the business.
- Ensure that all checks, data entry and paperwork are carried out accurately and on time, to conform to company policies.
- Ensure that a process of paperwork review and filing to ensure that archived records correct and available.
- Communicate observable and measurable performance expectations, providing prompt feedback and taking early action to resolve quality problems.
- Run disciplined and effective review meetings for the QA team to review performance against targets, propose solutions for any issues and set stretch targets.
- Support the work of the Hygiene Manager
- Ensure that the QA team understand the ways of completing hygiene on the production lines and equipment.
- Ensure that the QA inspect and release equipment post cleaning.
- Ensure that the appropriate the hygiene standards achieved are monitored by a programme of microbiological and allergen testing.
- Ensure that a feedback loop is in place for hygiene and micro failures
- Ensure that a culture of continuous improvement is in place for hygiene standards on site and recommendations of improvement are followed through.
Ideally you will have experience in a similar role and have experience of working to major supermarket retailer standards.
If you would like to apply for this job please send a current CV to James@aim-recruitment.co.uk or call James Schofield on 07415 426 491 or 01159234651.
Apply for Quality Assurance Manager - 11 month FTC - North West
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly