Salary: Excellent salary and full benefits package dependent on experience
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Are you an experienced Buyer who is looking for a new challenge in which you can develop and progress to a more senior position? Do you have experience as a buyer within the FMCG industry? If so please read on!
The primary responsibility of the role is to deliver key business objectives for your sector in a high volume and fast paced trade environment. The role will entail both branded and private label negotiations.
- Responsible for a spend of £20 million
- Delivery of the purchasing strategy including partnership development
- Management and Procurement of brand and customer own label across a network of suppliers with multiple SKU’s
- Develop, maintain and review supply strategies
- Responsible for ensuring information is obtained from suppliers with regards to market trends, pricing and forecasts
- Work closely with Sales, Stock Control and Technical teams
- Support delivery of NPD and EPD projects
- Management of purchase contracts and purchasing of currency
- Maintain a close working relationship with internal teams and global supply base
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience as a Buyer within an FMCG/Manufacturing environment
- Dynamic and hungry, with a desire to develop into a more senior position within the Buying team
- Can demonstrate excellent negotiation skills
- Very strong communication and team working skills
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office package
- SAP experience
- Excellent analytical and organisation skills
- CIPS would be advantageous but by no means essential
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Rebecca Ward or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.