Job Title: SHE Officer (Site Safety, Health & Environmental Officer)
Salary: £32,000-£35000 (dependant on experience)
Location: Spalding, Lincolnshire
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Our client is a large, environmentally sustainable supplier to UK retail of fresh produce. They are looking to strengthen their Health and Safety sector with a Site Safety, Health & Environmental Officer to lead Health and Safety contact at two designated sites, as well as manage waste reduction.
* Conduct various forms of risk assessments, such as those relating to on-site tasks, machinery, the environment and COSHH.
* Ensure effective delivery of training necessary to maintain health and safety.
* Carry out audits involving the environment and proceed with investigations regarding accidents and post-accident risk evaluation.
* Maintaining a good level of communication with the Safety, Health and Environment teams and convey information adequately across all the levels in the business.
* Record accidents and incidents in order to report statistics to managers and teams of KPI's.
* Be able to troubleshoot and pro-actively find solutions to problems.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent numerical skills.
* Be able to deliver skills through efficient training and mentoring.
* Be in possession of sound knowledge and experience relating to health and safety operations.
* IT literacy and knowledge, especially of Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
* Adjustability to working hours
* An optimistic and assertive work ethic.
* Be able to ensure completion of tasks.
* Be In possession of NEBOSH Certificate and NEBOSH Environmental Certificate and IEMA or degree
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply via this website, or call Justine at Henderson Brown Recruitment on 01733 235111 or call my mobile 07909 444099
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our horticulture, fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.