HS & E Manager, East Yorkshire
Recent positive changes have led to an increased focus on improving the health & safety of this site.
This is an exciting new opportunity for a switched-on H&SE Manager to come in and make a real difference to this long standing business that due to a change in their SHE department is keen to improve this function.
The client is a profitable business that is run and owned by people that care deeply for the product, brand & employees. This site has the added bonus of being part of a larger group with good systems and processes, but small enough so that you are a person and not a number.
This H&S+E role will ensure that the requirements of all relevant SHE legislation are implemented and that the business complies with corporate requirements while driving best practice across the business and develop a strong Safety/Environmental culture.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- To develop a Compile and Implement a SHE strategy for the Site in order to ensure best / consistent practices are adopted in all areas
- Maintain the SHE management system
- Developing and recommending policies, standards, procedures and systems to ensure compliance to legislation and company standards
- Ensuring personal and environmental accidents are investigated, recorded and reported properly, identifying and recommending improved practices to reduce accidents
- Provide assistance and advice to all employees on risk assessments, safe systems of work, policies and environmental impact reduction
- To keep business informed of any new legislation, identify gaps and implement actions to ensure conformity
- Conduct regular site audits, SHE site committee meetings and Business SHE forum
You will ideally have previous Health & Safety and Environmental experience within an FMCG and ideally food environment. You will have a NEBOSH Certificate and ideally Diploma in H&S. You will also demonstrate compliance to legislation and use problem-solving skills to optimise the business.
This business is looking to interview for this Health & Safety Manager position now so please apply straight away.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob
Apply for HS & E Manager, East Yorkshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly