Job Reference: GG/4159
To ensure the effective and efficient management of customer and supplier specifications including finished product, ingredients and packaging working over a variety of bespoke hard copy, web and electronic platforms. Specifications must be accurate, comprehensive and fully compliant with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To ensure all supplier specifications undergo a thorough review at the prescribed frequency and are fully compliant with Company, Customer and Regulatory requirements.
- To ensure all supplier specifications are current, approved and available to the European business as required by our QMS and compliance standards.
- Working with NPD and customer provisional specifications ensure accurate, comprehensive and fully compliant Customer finished product specifications collated and approved.
- Work closely with raw material suppliers to agree quality parameters which support appropriate checks at goods intake to ensure compliance.
- Ensure completed Customer finished product specifications are up-loaded to Customer web based or electronic platforms in accordance with the Customer protocol or "code of practice".
- To be the principle point of contact for any specification related queries either internally of customer based.
- Amend and update Customer finished product specification as required in accordance Customer protocol or "code of practice".
- Ensure finished product labels are accurate, comprehensive and fully compliant with Guenther, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure the management of the third part compliance sign-off process.
- Ensure compliance with updated technical policies, current labelling standards and regulatory changes.
Main Job Requirements:
Education / Certifications -
- Diploma or Higher in a Food Science related subject.
Job Related Experience/Skills -
- Thorough understanding of Quality and Food Safety Systems
- Intimated knowledge of AIB, BRC, SQMS, Religious & Regulatory audits
- Proficient in the use of PC, MS Office and Web based tools.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal
Knowledge Skills & Abilities -
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills and able to facilitate and present.
- Numerical ability to record, interpret and analyse key process data.
- The ability to communicate targets & goals in a clear concise manner and provide space and time for colleagues to deliver against these.
- Ability to communicate at all levels - written, verbal, facilitator, presentation
- Self-motivated and disciplined in work output
- Highly organised logical thinker able to prioritise and plan
Behavioural Competencies -
- Results focused and driven
- Demonstrate leadership and continually seeks improvement
- Results and task focused
- Enthusiastic and able to motivate other employees
Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, send your CV with GG/4159 as a subject or give me a call on 0161 832 7463.
Apply for Specifications Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly