An ambitious food manufacturer seeking to recruit an NPD Technologist to join their team
To assist the NPD Manager in the successful transition of new products from kitchen through the factory to launch.
- To carry out initial risk assessments of new ingredients / packaging to identify potential issues in relation to CCP’s and allergens and to ensure customer / internal standards are being met
- To organise and attend factory trials in conjunction with Shift Managers and QA Technologists, ensuring post-trial analysis is completed and to lead any review meetings when required
- To organise samples for customers during development as well as organoleptic, micro, nutritional and shelf life testing and logging / trending results
- To manage and maintain the NPD launch programme and procedures to include regular meetings with follow up actions and notes
- To maintain all project documentation, from concept to launch
- To complete customer submission forms and initial nutritional calculations
- To amend / write up recipes for factory use
- To undertake artwork checks
- To assist the Executive Chef where necessary with samples and presentations
- To follow all industry and Company Quality, Technical, Food Hygiene and Safety and HR policies and procedures at all times
- To attend any training required of your role / industry standards
- You are required to do all that is reasonably necessary to ensure your role is carried out appropriately and to the requirements of the business. Therefore it is your duty to inform your Senior Manager should you have any difficulty, needs or concerns surrounding this requirement.
1 year + experience within a Process or NPD assignment ideally gained within fast paced food manufacturer.
Experience of taking products from conception to lunch
Experience of working with major retailers or foodservice
Ideally degree educated or equivalent
Self-starter able to work in a fast paced and hands on team
Apply for NPD Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly