Shift Manager, Food Manufacturing, Greater Manchester
Shift Manager required for a large bakery site in Greater Manchester. Early shift - 6am - 2pm Monday to Friday.
This large bakery is a key supplier of cakes and bakery goods to the major UK retailers. If you've had cake at a party or in the office chances are you have eaten one of their products!
They are currently looking to recruit a Shift Manager, with experience in the food manufacturing industry, to join the team on the early shift. This is a Monday to Friday, 6am to 2pm shift looking after 130 production team members through around 10 direct reports. Key challenges at the site are around overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) and driving costs down. As such they require a problem solver who can 'make things happen' and help the team raise its performance.
- Lead the production team with a focus on achieving KPI's
- Have a shop floor presence to maintain strong process control
- Identify opportunities for improvement
- Drive efficiency around waste, cost and time losses
- Improve OEE across all lines on your shift
- Up-skill team members, ensuring their continued development
- Deliver on all health and safety requirements
This role would suit someone with previous experience in a food manufacturing company supplying to the major retailers and managing large teams. You will have the ability to coach and develop teams, work seamlessly with colleagues in different departments and have an understanding of the bigger picture. Experience in Continuous Improvement methods would be an added bonus.
If you are looking for a fixed shift pattern in the fast-paced food manufacturing sector then this could be the role for you. Send your CV today for consideration.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob