This fast paced market leading food business pride themselves on making outstanding healthy natural products. A major supplier of quality branded food products which can be found at most of the leading UK food retailers but also as far afield as Asia, South America and Australasia. Its success has been built on hard work, great customer service and respect for the environment. Expanding at a tremendous rate and constantly looking to grow its product portfolio through product innovation, the business has a number of market leading product lines and has also recently won a Grocer award for one of their products.
Reporting to the Technical Manager and working very closely with suppliers, you will be responsible for all ensuring high quality and performance excellence in all areas, guaranteeing compliance with the technical policies, procedures and specifications.
- Managing internal QA systems and supplier quality audit schedules, maintaining documentation and compiling reports to ensure product specifications are adhered to through all stages of development and production.
- Liaise with customers on any technical queries, providing support to resolve potential issues whilst working with internal teams including NPD and Technical to minimise potential risks or complaints.
- Working with suppliers to maintain the quality and food safety of products. Carrying out site visits as required.
- You will drive product quality improvements making sure that product specifications include appropriate quality attributes and a quality contract.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of QMS as well as knowledge of microbiological standards, HACCP and Allergens.
- Experience of dealing with the major Retailers
- Food related degree or equivalent
- Quality/technical experience ideally with both an office and manufacturing environment
- Hands on and strategic, with a sound knowledge of food labelling, BRC and TQM principles and control systems.