General Manager for highly successful Food Business
Our client is a highly successful food business, part of a multinational group, and produces some of the UK’s favourite brands. Operating from sites across the UK the business supplies products to a diverse customer base.
We are looking for a General Manager, a truly autonomous role, with overall responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing, logistics and customer service. You will implement the strategic business plans through inspirational leadership, ensuring the optimal performance of your site which will directly contribute to the overall profitability of the business.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the General Manager will be a figurehead role with direct access to the senior leadership of the business and responsible for a large number of people and a complex operation.
- Location: Birmingham
- Salary: £c£100-110k + benefits
- Managing the annual budget setting process and then meeting or exceeding these targets. This is a cost-sensitive business and requires a close attention to detail.
- Manage Customer Service and ensure strategic continuity plans are in place to support as required.
- Overall responsibility for plant performance, product quality, functionality and safety in a busy and vibrant operation.
- Develop cross-functional relationships within the business and share best practice with peers and across other sites.
- Organise and manage PDP’s to ensure a highly capable workforce and strong retention.
- Develop, manage and ensure capital expenditure projects are delivered that meet the business objectives and ensure the company remains at the forefront of NPD within the industry.
- Ensure the site operates within all company standards and legislative requirements.
Our client is seeking a highly driven and results focused individual to lead their site. Previous General Management experience, in the food industry, is essential.
- Proven track record of successful leadership in a commercially focused, results driven and fast-paced business.
- Experience in leading manufacturing operations and is able to work with a range of stakeholders at all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership, communication and influencing skills.
- A strategic thinker with strong reasoning skills, able to identify opportunities for improvement and deliver robust solutions.