At Premier Foods, our purpose is to create the food our nation loves most for modern life. And we’ve been doing it for a long time - many of our much-loved brands have been part of UK life for more than a century.
Full time, permanent
Based in Lifton, Devon
To ensure the weekly production plans are achieved at maximum efficiency and long-term objectives and actions are in place to continually improve performance.
To drive, support and further develop the processes and systems necessary for continuous improvement with regards to health & safety, quality and production KPI’s, also to create an environment and culture through personal leadership and role modelling that enables the above.
Work with key stakeholders and cross functional teams on site and from across the business to develop and implement site strategy and business initiatives and to ensure the factory is well placed to respond to current and future market demands.
To manage, prioritise and control significant issues or changes within the operations area of responsibility and to support effectively on issues concerning other departments or business functions.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring the site is working within compliance to legislative and ethical standards for food safety/quality, health, safety and environment. To maintain and develop suitable and sufficient management systems to ensure the above.
- Delivery of all targets within defined KPI’s for safety, environment, quality, cost and continuous improvement.
- Leading a team of 4 direct reports and 12 Team leaders through your own leadership, coaching and KPI performance management to ensure the Operations teams are focussed and effective. Ultimately responsible for circa 200 employees.
- Controlling and delivering budget targets by management of production output, labour, yield and efficiency, also to report daily and arcuately forecast any budget or volume variance.
- Taking a strategic role in the business Continuous Improvement initiative, to be able to demonstrate, report and present on improvements.
- Measurable employee engagement and positive culture through initiatives and demonstrated values/standards.
- Degree or equivalent proven experience of senior management in manufacturing environment (food manufacturing preferred).
- Experience in managing budget targets and understanding how the operations department contributes to the organisations financial performance.
- Experience, qualifications or training in compliance – Health, Safety & Environment, Food Safety & Quality & Ethical standards.
- Strong experience in driving and leading continuous improvement, relevant qualifications and/or training.
- Experienced in project management and coordinating a multi discipline team.
- Strong leadership skills, able to motivate and delegate and measure performance.
- Sound communication skills, giving clarity and direction to the team, also to be able to influence and develop rapport with different levels throughout the site and business.