Packaging Technologist (Home based with report in)
C£28,000 - £35,000 + Car
To Identify, trial and make commercial-ready new packaging technologies for on-shelf and supply chain purposes.
Control packaging specifications and implement changes as necessary.
- Be point of reference for packaging legality
- Work with the Packaging Manager to ensure effective resolution of any packaging related issues
- Work with the Packaging buyer, NPD, commercial, Marketing and operational departments to develop innovative packaging that is fit for purpose
- Maintaining supplier and internal packaging specifications in line with other departments
- Carry out audits of packaging suppliers to ensure compliance to standards
- Ensuring Packaging compliance is kept up to date in line with live SKU’s
- Responsibility for organising, monitoring and reporting on technical and shelf life trials for the advancement of packaging
Skill, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of one years’ experience working in a packaging facing role with exposure to new product development
- Knowledge of the environmental impacts of packaging materials
- Knowledge of the recyclability of packaging materials and a passion for sustainability
- Experience in food contact material and within the fresh produce industry
- Understanding of different packaging materials and how the materials can affect end results
- Creative and innovative
- Highly motivated and eager to take responsibility
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and build relationships with internal and external personnel. Able to work within a team.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
This role can be home based with a report once or twice a week into the office in Hertfordshire. Some travel abroad is necessary from time to time
For further information and for a full and complete job description please contact Lesa at CPA on 0208 203 1000 or email a CV to email@example.com
Apply for Packaging Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly