Packaging Technologist NPD
Packaging Technologist role, up to 35,000 based South of Leeds - Food Manufacturer
We are recruiting for an exciting Packaging Technologist opportunity based South of Leeds (message for exact location details).
This role is looking after all aspects of packaging development projects.
This role could also be suitable for a graduate who is looking to join an established and exciting food company.
- To specify new and amended packaging materials ensuring they are designed, manufactured and delivered to site fit for purpose to agreed quality, cost and timescales.
- To agree critical paths with NAM's/Brand Managers/NPD/customers/suppliers/Operations for the packaging elements of projects, and to manage and deliver projects against these critical paths.
- To advise NAM's/Brand Managers/customers/Operations in the making of packaging related decisions and their impact.
- To provide our client and its' customers with technical packaging support.
- To arrange and manage packaging trials to ensure that new packaging is fit for purpose
- To provide Brand Managers/customers with appropriate packaging information necessary to generate artwork and manage the artwork and approval process.
- To ensure accurate and timely completion of internal business systems and processes.
- To provide specifications for the packaging elements of new projects and to facilitate accurate costing and the making of good commercial decisions.
- To develop packaging solutions and innovations to meet the current and future requirements of our clients customers.
- To assist with the specification and commissioning of new packaging plants and processes
- To identify and implement value optimisation opportunities.
- Packaging development experience preferably within an FMCG food industry experience of working with the major UK grocers
- The ability to initiate and drive developments to completion against challenging timescales
- The ability to plan, organise and prioritise activity, and manage multiple projects.
- Knowledge of packaging and printing technology, methods and materials within the food industry
- Knowledge of legislation and environmental issues relating to packaging
Note: Full driving licence is required - our client is a multi-site business, and the role will involve travelling between factories, suppliers and customers
Salary: up to £35,000 (negotiable based experience) +benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button.
Note: Please include details of your salary expectation, and notice period.
Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days, then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This may be of interest to the following: NPD Technologist, New Product Development, Specifications Artwork, Packaging, Food Manufacturing, Manufacturer, Production, FMCG, Art work Technologist, Graduate, Technical, QA, QC, Quality, Leeds, Wakefield, York, Barnsley, Doncaster, Huddersfield, Bradford, Pontefract, South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire
Apply for Packaging Technologist NPD
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly