This is a fantastic opportunity to join an expanding manufacturer of delicious premium chilled products. This ambitious business is continually growing and they are now looking for a dynamic and experienced Hygiene Manager to take on this newly created role.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, you’ll manage a team of Hygiene Operatives and be the main point of contact for all hygiene related matters across the business. This is a new role so you will be able to define the role, systems and processes as well as recruit your own team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading and expanding your team to ensure site hygiene levels are maintained to a high standard in compliance with BRC and retail customer standards, following the correct procedures in relation to cleaning and hygiene processes
- Supervising, monitoring and improving standards of working in both high and low risk areas, including overseeing the hygiene schedule, implementing procedures and provide training
- Supporting the team throughout all hygiene operations from cleaning to microbiological sampling and testing, addressing and rectifying issues that arise from audits whilst ensuring all the necessary documentation is accurately completed
- Liaising with chemical suppliers, attending meetings where required and making sure hygiene projects comply with customer and company standards to guarantee a consistently safe production environment
- Conducting regular site hygiene and fabric audits at pre-defined frequencies, triggering appropriate corrective action where necessary including interfacing with engineering personnel as part of the site’s Preventive Maintenance Plan
- Take an active role during customer visits and audits to support the presentation of due diligence information
- Aid in assessing new pieces of equipment and plant with respect to hygiene wash down procedures
We are looking for a hygiene professional based in the South East with previous experience of working for a chilled food manufacturer and a proven track record of maintaining the highest of hygiene standards. Great people management and communication skills are essential along with the ability to motivate and lead your team to achieving fantastic results. You’ll have good planning and organisational skills coupled with a sound knowledge of HACCP, COSHH, cleaning chemicals and current food safety regulations. Due to the reactive nature of this role you’ll also need to have a flexible and adaptable approach in order to help make sure all business processes run smoothly.
So if you’re looking for your next challenge where you can really make a role your own then apply now or call 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.
Apply for Hygiene Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly