Sales Account Manager (Home Based)
Campbell’s Prime Meat is Scotland’s leading independent supplier of fresh fish, fresh meat and deli products to foodservice customers.
The business has diversified over recent years and has grown significantly. What started as a butchers shop has now developed into a leading business supplying a range for fresh meat, fish, a range of deli products and most recently their own smokehouse.
We are looking to recruit a highly driven sales professional with a proven track record in managing existing business as well as developing and driving new business. You will cover the central belt of Scotland providing new and existing customers a full portfolio of products. You will not be focused in just one area.
Campbell’s Prime Meat employs around 340 staff across a range of functions and turnover is up to around £57 million.
- Enhance the range of products currently being sold to existing customers and gain new customer accounts.
- Manage customer relationships including price negotiations, lead times, terms of contract and product quality.
- Meet with current and potential customers to build strong working relationships.
- Work closely with transport and production management regarding arrangements and specifications for new and existing accounts.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and pricing information for customers.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Identify and resolve customer complaints.
- Liaise with Telesales department regarding customer queries, special offers, delivery delays, product shortages, etc.
- Attend and/or host social events with customers as assigned.
- Use reporting software to assist with sales forecasting and margin analysis.
- Ensure the margin on sales is maintained.
- Previous sales experience within the food manufacturing or processing sector.
- Previous experience within the meat or fish industry would be advantageous.
- Business development experience.
- Excellent people skills.
- Flexibility and dedication.
If you are interested in having an informal discussion to find out more please contact our retained consultant Alasdair Murray of Eden Scott directly on 0131 550 1117 or 07949 304 727
Please note all third party, direct and speculative applications / CVs will be forwarded to Eden Scott for consideration.
Campbell’s Prime Meat Ltd is committed to being an equal opportunities employer.