Sensory Technician - 6 months FTC with potential to extend, Leigh, Food Manufacturing
The Sensory Technician is to support the Process Development team to deliver objective and robust sensory information in order for the business to make the right decisions regarding our products and to ensure the day to day activities of the department are met.
- Sensory tests for new & existing products
- Supporting the day to day Process Development activities
- Conduct a panel from brief to delivery
- Coordination of: sample requests, panel date, panellists, room requirements
- Preparation of: samples (shopping and cooking of the samples), panel room, panellist tablets for recording results
- Running the panel
- Clearing up following a panel
- Registering results, close the panel, generate/collate the report to feed back to PD department
- Screen new employees and existing panellists annually
- Maintain an approved panellist register/tracker
- Assist in training of panellists
- Maintain the sensory databases including the Compusense system
- Maintenance of the shelf life system including trial, 1st production and standard products, assessing the products, recording the results, submitting & logging products for external analysis when required, collating the external results and generating the sign off information for the PD team and filing this data in a hard & soft format
- Validation of cooking instructions to ensure quality and safety is achieved.
The ideal candidate
- Some science and sensory knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience of food preparation
- Food safety & Food hygiene
- Methodical and has attention to detail
- Passionate about food and quality
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'Apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people interested in the following: NPD Technologist Process Development Technologist Graduate NPD Technician Technical Assistant Product Development NPD New Product Development Quality QA QC Quality Technician Technical Assistant Food Technologist Coordinator Controller QA Auditor Wigan Leigh Warrington Manchester Lancashire Contract Interim Temporary Fixed Term