Assistant Process Technologist
Are you currently a Process Tech looking to join a business who is confidently the leading manufacturer in their category? Or have you just completed a degree in a food science related discipline looking to kick start your career?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
You will be joining a strong development team with plenty of opportunity to grow within the business.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assist with planning, organising and running product trials for new product lines and existing product improvements;
- Writing and issuing recipes
- Organising ingredients and packaging
- Taking weight data for average weight declarations
- Recording data from trials
- Taking photos and completing quality standards
- Collecting and sending samples
- Assist in writing and circulating trial reports
- Keep launch files up-to-date by filing key data
- Assist in setting up new quality standards for product launches
- Responsible for managing stocks of ingredients and packaging within development kitchen
- Deputise for Senior Process Technologist during holidays and off-site visits
- Attend internal meetings to keep up-to-date with customer developments, site launch plans and process changes
- Assist NPD team in Northampton with product development, samples and site visits
- Assist in presenting trial product to customers and in hosting customers on site for launches
- Reasonably flexible around working hours as occasional early starts or late finishes may be required for trials and launches
- Assist in projects to continuously improve processes as requested
- Validation and verification of key processes to a defined schedule
- Carry out process audits post launch (in line with the stage and gate review step) to ensure any changes are captured / no changes have been made
- Follow all the Company’s health & Safety rules and guidelines at all times
What we need from you?
- Educated to degree level in a relevant food based discipline
- Ability to cook and present food to a reasonable standard
- Self motivated and practical individual
- Analytical and numerate; competent with percentages and able to work with numerical data
Salary: £20-22k (dependant on experience)
For more information, contact Harriet on 07305 046 686 or email Harriet@recruitment-wolf.co.uk