Engineering Manager - East Midlands - FMCG
Role: Engineering Manager
Sector: Food Manufacturing
Location: East Midlands
I'm working with a multinational FMCG business on a critical hire into their Engineering team. This role will deputise for the Head of Engineering when required and take on a leadership role by embedding change across the engineering department in addition to the responsibility of the Packaging Maintenance team.
Ideally you will come from a strong Engineering background in the FMCG sector and have proven experience in leading large teams of engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing setting- Packaging experience in Glass or Metal in desirable. You should also have experience in the principles and application of performance coaching.
There are some exciting projects in the pipeline (none that can be revealed as yet!) but the business is focused on driving innovation so supporting idea generation and living and breathing change management is key.
- Ownership of a total maintenance budget upwards of £3m and management of spare parts and consumables inventory spend
- Manage the deployment of engineering activities across the packaging line involving routine, preventative, corrective and improvement maintenance
- Manage a team of multi-skilled engineers (15+) working across a variable shift pattern
- Deploy engineering activities in line with company standards of safety and hygiene
- Devise maintenance plans that are focused and prioritised accordingly, executing TPM and continuous improvement methodologies
- Min. 7 years' experience of engineering maintenance, preferably in a Food-FMCG environment
- Experience working in Packaging with multiple lines and a 24 hour operation
- Previous responsibility for large maintenance budgets £2m-£5m
- People management including team development, coaching/mentoring and good knowledge of UK employment law
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification or professional experience, NEBOSH advantageous
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
Contact - Carl Costigan
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Number - 0203 - 627 2420
Pod Talent are independent specialist recruiters in the Supply Chain, Procurement, Logistics, Manufacturing and R&D space covering roles internationally from entry to board level. We recruit for roles including Supply Chain, Demand Planning, Inventory Management, Direct and Indirect Procurement, Category Management, Logistics, Distribution, Warehousing, Production, Packaging, NPD and Quality Assurance. Please visit our website for all of our vacancies.