Job Title: Technical Manager
Salary: Competitive + benefits
Location: London + up to 50% travel internationally
Sector / Industry: FMCG
Job Reference: VAC
Are you looking to be part of a global, multi-billion FMCG business where strategy, growth, and development are at the lead of its international agenda? Are you an individual who wants to travel globally in order to deliver market leading products to thirsty consumers? If this sounds like you?... then please read on.
• The Technical Manager will collaborate with the Operations Team in the search of new production sites to ensure that the right information about formulas and processes are communicated.
• The Technical Manager will collaborate with flavour house chemists/ scientist with batching instructions to help to transfer bench and sensory knowledge to assist co-packers during innovation production runs.
• The Technical Manager is responsible for the technical coordination at test runs at new plants with internal and external stakeholders, with an emphasis on test parameters, process specification, formulations etc.
• The Technical Manager will manage the in-house knowledge base of product parameters associated with everything involved in the processing of our portfolio of products to enable a global approach to processing based on the collected efforts between our different teams as well as our flavour houses.
• Project-manage and document projects aimed to improve/ establish processing.
• Manage/ design shelf-life tests with external labs
• Trouble shoot issues/ consumer relations issues related with batching or raw materials.
• Train with flavour houses to understand the mixing instructions, control points and sensory targets for new formulas to enable successful transfer of mixing instructions to new co-packers.
• Lead sampling, sensory and analysis of formulations from test runs with the purpose of establishing the right processing.
• Attend commercialisation calls with bottler’s technical teams to help to explain, standardise and document our formulas and processing criteria’s.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong experience within an R&D, New Product Development or Process position within beverage, dietary supplement or similar industry.
- Degree in Food, Chemical, Processing Engineering or other related technical degree is preferred. Related training and experience can be substituted for education.
- Flexibility to travel globally at required times
- Able to perform with minimal direction at high level
- Team-orientated and willing to work collaboratively and use own initiative and desire to work in a dynamic work environment.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV to Roberta@advocate-group.co.uk or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.