NPD Assistant, Oldham, Salary up to £16,300 +benefits
Park Cakes is a c£160 million business which supplies cake and desserts to service the own brand of the major retailers. There are two sites in the North West at Bolton and Oldham.
The Oldham site is a craft bakery supplying cake products and mainstream desserts mostly to Marks & Spencer. The Bolton site manufactures more commodity based products making for example slab cakes, and top tier unit cake for a variety of retailers including Sainsbury's, Asda, Tesco's .
The Oldham site contributes c£120m of the total company, this is mainly made up of M & S product for their cakes, desserts and Food to Order range e.g. personal Birthday/Wedding/Celebration cakes.
The success of Park Cakes has further been recognised over several years by its peers within its sector by being awarded a variety of awards including the Bakery Food Manufacturer of the year.
Park Cakes offers an environment which is a growing company characterised by retail partnering.
Example Job Accountabilities:
- Collation of ingredients from the factory for use within the NPD department
- Ensure raw materials and packaging are available for the Concept Team
- Organise refreshments and prepare rooms for visits
- Ensuring effective stock and rotation is in place with clear labelling of raw materials
- Maintaining hygiene standards of the NPD Department including deep cleans, kit and utensil cleans and employing a clean as you go principle within the department.
- Organising sample requests to the required delivery expectations.
- Record and communicate hazards, risks and near misses
- Re-producing product samples to identified set standards
- Undertaking learning and development as required, to ensure a continuous improvement in skills and knowledge base.
- Conduct our operations in a safe and environmentally friendly manner and promote behavioural safety
- Upholding and promoting 5S values within the workplace.
- Assist NPD and other Departments as requested
- Highly organised and methodical in approach
- Open, honest and creative decision making to enable timely and informed decision making
- Possessing a critical eye for detail
- Being an effective team player
- Ability to forward plan
Hours: Monday to Thursday 08:30 - 17:00, Friday 08:30 - 16:00
Salary: £16,300 per annum
- 25 days holiday a year and 8 statutory holidays
- Pension scheme
- Discount scheme on purchases from high street retailers
Package: £Competitive Salary + Benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to: NPD Technologist, Process Development, New Product Development, NPD Assistant, Technical QA QC Quality Technician, Technical Assistant, Food Technologist, Technical Coordinator, Controller, Graduate, Manchester, Oldham, Lancashire, Bolton, Rochdale, Preston, Leeds
Apply for NPD Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly