Production Charge Hand
Production Charge hand, Oldham, Greater Manchester/ Lancashire, Food Manufacturing Company
The Company is a c£160million business which supplies cakes and desserts to service the own brands of major retailers, there are two sites both based in the North West at Oldham and Bolton.
They are a profitable business with a clear commercial strategy and a strong relationship with its customers and suppliers through its energy, style and commitment to partner relationships and quality.
They currently have a vacancy for a Charge Hand to work in production and lead a small team of Operatives working on a food manufacturing line. The shift for this role will be a 7am to 3pm shift Monday to Friday and 7am-2pm on Friday, overtime will also be available at weekends as per business needs.
- Ensure start up checks are completed prior to running the line and operatives are briefed on targets /tasks
- Carry out sample and audit checks throughout the day and complete paperwork as required for traceability purposes
- Drive KPIs including labour, materials and waste
- Control labour, including agency personnel so that the right number of people are allocated on the production run
- Develop team skills to ensure operatives are trained, and can carry out a number of tasks and key skills are available
- Input and calculate key variances, this is supported via ipad input
- Motivate, encourage and give feedback to the team and resolve any concerns /roadblocks to achieving targets
- Focus on forward planning to ensure production time is maximised and downtime is minimised
- Liaise with engineers and other Departments to ensure some running of production and support for the Department and team
- Maintain company standards e.g. Hygiene /GMP and quality,
- Promote a Health & Safety culture
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in a fast-paced production line environment and have had responsibility for manufacturing KPI's
- Ideally candidates should have previous experience running a small team of operatives
- Must be able to demonstrate briefing/feedback and communication skills
- Organisation skills, and the ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Highly flexible and able to adapt to change
- Able to learn new tasks quickly and take on a wide range of responsibilities
Salary: circa £16,973 per annum with opportunities for overtime
Benefits: 28 days holiday a year includes statutory holidays , Money purchase pension scheme with 3% contribution of salary, Discount scheme operating across several online and high street retailers
To Apply: Please press the "apply" button
*Due to the amount of applications received, only those who our client wishes to progress will be contacted. If you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Key Operative, Production Team Member, Production Supervisor, Production Line leader, Section Leader, Line Leader, Manufacturing Supervisor, FMCG Food Beverages Manufacturing Operations, Oldham, Manchester, Lancashire
Apply for Production Charge Hand
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly