Health and Safety Manager
An up and coming food manufacturer are looking for a Health and Safety Manager to join their operation in the South West.
Fast growing and successful food manufacturing business in the South West.
The Health and Safety Manager will need to;
- Maintain and continue to develop the company Health and Safety Policy for the site in consultation with the General Manager and appropriate Managers.
- Produce and ensure completion of key tasks in relation to this policy such as SOPS, Risk Assessments etc. Ensure they are all completed in a timely fashion to a high standard.
- Ensure all employees in the business are inducted in Health and Safety site standards and expectations.
- Develop and maintain a training matrix for all employees to ensure appropriate training on machines is up to date. To ensure the appropriate Managers and Supervisors update the training matrix in a timely and consistent manner and escalate any training needs to the General Manager.
- Record and assess all accidents and near misses for any key learning points or actions that need to be followed up. Report all work place accidents to the company insurers and complete all required RIDDOR reports.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all HSE legislation and any developments that will affect the food industry.
The Health and Safety Manager needs the following key skills:
- Required - Excellent working knowledge of relevant legislative criteria and industry standards for food production.
- Required - HACCP (UK standards)
- Required - Fire Warden (UK)
- Required - COSHH trained with a good working knowledge of chemicals and hygiene equipment.
- Required - NEBOSH Certificate
- Desirable - Internal Auditing experience and knowledge, NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Open approach, engaging staff with a significant presence on the factory floor
- Effective problem solving and analysis
- Ability to work as part of wider management team to make effective changes in the business
- Ability to work under pressure and plan time effectively.
- Resilience and tenacity.
- Ability to champion and communicate health and safety to all levels of operatives and managers.
- Ability to recognise gaps in health and safety coverage on all sites and situations.
Competitive salary based on experience.