Print Technician, Industrial Placement/Grad opportunity
Print Technician - Industrial Placement/Graduate opportunity - 12-months FTC
This major food manufacturing organisation has a strong reputation within the industry for their well-renowned and extensive product range.
The business is recruiting a 12-month Print Technician fixed-term contract role that will suit a graduate or a current student (Design related degree). Joining the packaging development department with an immediate start, this business will provide first-hand experience working within a fast-paced packaging environment.
If you're interested in packaging and are keen to understand the process to get to the finished product this is a valuable opportunity to gain experience.
You can expect to -
- Learn about packaging materials, packaging and print processes
- Gain an understanding of why artwork is amended to allow it to be printed on different substrates and how this can affect design
- Understand what restrictions there can be to packaging artwork and why
- Learn how to measure colour using a spectrophotometer and understand the values and tolerances allowed
You'll be given an individual project to complete during your contract, as well as supporting with day to day activities including -
- Setting up artwork on the correct printing profiles ensuring they are ready to be printed for approval
- Reviewing artwork at all stages of the project and proofing artwork
- Support the print team, ensuring approvals are in place for design and packaging changes
- Reviewing print samples, checking the print quality and if there are any differences against the approved proofs
For this role it's essential you have knowledge of Adobe Suite (Illustrator and Photoshop) and are MAC literate.
If you're a current university student looking for an industrial placement as part of your degree or a graduate looking for your first role within the food/packaging industry then please apply now.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob