Eden Scott’s client is a leading UK food manufacture. They supply quality products across the UK, Europe, Canada and Australia. The state-of-the-art facilities and a passion for quality are some of the reasons for their success.
Now they are looking for someone to join the team and help take the company to new heights. They are looking for an experienced Senior Buyer to join their procurement team.
This is what we need from you to be part of this team:
- Purchasing raw material to meet the demands of production, whilst being aware of the lead times and quality inspection requirements.
- Building strong relationships with current suppliers.
- Sourcing and securing new suppliers.
- Negotiating prices with suppliers to ensure materials and ingredients are being supplied at the best price.
- Liaising with the commercial, production and technical teams to ensure the raw material meets the required standards.
- Having a firm understanding of the market and making appropriate adjustments to raw material purchases based on this.
- Completing any other duties as required in this role.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Strong numerical ability.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
- Previous food buying experience is essential
- Previous experience of working within the food industry or an FMCG is essential.
If you think this describes you then start applying.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity, apply now. To discuss this role in more detail, call Manaba Myeni on 0131 550 1128
If this role isn’t quite what you are looking for, register your CV at www.edenscott.com and be the first to hear about our latest opportunities by signing up for our job alerts.