Factory General Manager (Quorn Foods)
Quorn Foods, with our entrepreneurial spirit is a great place to work. Our people are passionate, take initiative and accountability and, most of all, work together as one team, focused on one shared goal with common values.
We are an ambitious, growing, independent FMCG company, focused on creating the world’s leading meat-alternative business, through our market leading Quorn and Cauldron brands.
We are a global business that designs, manufactures and sells our healthy protein products in the UK and internationally with annual sales turnover in excess of £200 million across 17 territories.
In 2015 we were acquired by leading food manufacturing company Monde Nissin Corporation. The acquisition is part of the company’s strategy to provide consumers with on-trend and better-for-you products.
The General Manager will hold full P&L responsibility for the Methwold production site. This is a complex site (370+ SKUs) and will lead a growing workforce of (current) 300+ direct and indirect employees.
We require someone who can provide strategic leadership to the site senior management and be a motivational leader for a large multi-cultural workforce, working in a complex environment.
This is a key role for the business where you will work closely and collaboratively with other Senior Supply Chain Leaders across the business to ensure that the Supply Chain delivery plan is able to deliver its part of the overall business strategy.
Within the scope of the role you will have the autonomy to shape the strategy for the site and make a real impact.
The successful applicant will need the following:
- Educated to degree level minimum, ideally in an engineering or food science subject
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a senior factory management position
- Excellent leadership ability with significant experience of successfully leading complex fast-moving factories
- Excellent stakeholder and influencing skills – the ability to build effective relationships and to influence at all levels within a complex multi-site business
- Strong strategic planning ability combined with demonstrable experience of effectively putting strategies into action
- Strong financial capability with experience of building and successfully delivering multi million pound capex and operational budgets
- Passionate about delighting our consumers by producing high quality food safely and cost effectively
- Experience & knowledge of lean manufacturing practices
- Minimum Managing Safely (IOSH) accredited
- Level 3 Food Safety
- HACCP Awareness
- Knowledge of GMP
- Experience of effectively identifying and managing business risk
- Strong live networks with other local & national manufacturing bodies to enable opportunities for benchmarking, sharing best practice
- Ability to work with external regulatory bodies including local authorities, Environment Agency, HSE, FDA and Trading Standards.