NPD & Ingredient Manager
- Contract Type
NPD & Ingredient Manager
Honeyrose is a leading artisan wholesale bakery based in Park Royal, London supplying gluten free baked products across organic and conventional categories for our own brands and our retail partners. We have won numerous awards for our products, are found in prestigious company and copied internationally. We are entering a period of growth and are looking for an exceptional technical candidate to manage NPD and ingredient food safety.
You will be head new product development with the assistance of a hands-on NPD baker whilst managing the approval systems of ingredients, suppliers and supply chain mapping, working closely with the technical manager. To be successful, you must possess an unusual combination of abilities; create amazingly good craft bakery products, possess in depth knowledge of bakery technology and food safety systems. You will be reporting directly into our MD/Founder with much freedom to demonstrate your creative flair. You will have an excellent palate and be curious about novel ingredients whilst understanding the fundamentals of food safety systems and allergen management. You will be successful because you fundamentally understand what makes a great product, have attention to detail, the ability to multi-task across several projects and timelines, and prize independence.
Your position entails analysing current consumer trends, interpreting customer briefs and developing product to meet those requirements and trends. The process will take you from recipe formulation to meet nutritional targets through commercials, artwork, packaging, material sourcing, equipment, food safety and finally working with production teams to deliver launches. You will interact with our customers on a managerial level during the process. You will also oversee ongoing improvement of the existing product range. You will manage the entire critical launch paths under retailer quality systems to deliver timely, successful launches.
You will be responsible for the sourcing, review and approval of supplier and ingredient, and supply chain mapping taking into account allergen risks, integrity risks and food fraud vulnerability. You will conduct on-going management of the raw materials registers, including annual supplier and raw material reviews. You will support the technical manager and QA teams in hosting customers and certification compliance audits, i.e. BRC, Organic, Point of Difference, food safety.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be degree qualified in food science/technology and familiar with current relevant food labelling legislation with solid all round industry experience in both NPD and food safety systems
- Have significant experience in research & new product development within bakery application both sweet and savoury
- Significant experience in industrial bakery manufacturing (wire cut depositing, extrusion, rotary moulding)
- Have knowledge of retailers and their QA compliance systems
- Have project management skills and strong ability to organise your time
- Have experience of managing a critical path involving different departments from concept to launch.
- Possess good business and commercial understanding (used of recipe costing, raw material pricing and detailed time and motion studies)
- Have a strong interest in novel, health and food innovation
- Have solid customer interaction and support skills
- Be able to interface with other business functions
- Be competent in IT applications relevant to role
- Able to identify and create solutions and new formulations that lead to multiple sales
If you are interesting in applying for this exciting key role, please send your CV with a letter detailing what you think you could contribute by clicking the apply button
Apply for NPD & Ingredient Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly