2 Sisters. 1 Amazing Opportunity.
Monday to Friday – Office Hours*
The Company is based in Derbyshire and is the world's oldest Christmas pudding maker, producing around 97% of the UK Christmas pudding market. The Derbyshire factory opened in 1899 and relocated to its present site in Heanor in 1967. They produce over 100 different varieties of Christmas pudding and a variety of sponge puddings, supplying to all major UK retailers and a number of food service customers.
About the Role
As a Technologist you will relish being a hands on team player and you’ll play an integral part in the continued develop of the site. Working as part of a close knit team you will report to the site Development Manager. Working alongside your NPD colleagues - your main focus will be to take full responsibility for customer specifications. You will ensure specifications are completed in a timely manner in line with the critical path, that they are technically and legally correct and comply with customer requirements. You will also manage the artwork process and sign off of packaging.
Day to day duties will include (but not limited to);
- To support the writing of electronic and internet based customer specifications, for delivery of customer information in a timely and accurate manner. To support the artwork processes, verifying and approving all artwork, both Customer and Internal, according to critical paths, customer and legal requirements.
- To support the information for internal specifications and their verification.
- To co-ordinate the implementation of new recipes and materials into the factory, running factory trials; providing key samples for customers and relevant evaluations; in line with good manufacturing practice, all customer codes of practice and legal requirements. To assist with any customer requests as required.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you’re fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that’s created our success. Bring those qualities, coupled with self-motivation and desire to make this role your own.
You will be…
- From a food production background and extensive knowledge of writing product specifications, checking artwork and packaging
- Degree educated in either food science or food technology
- Analytical and an excellent eye for details
- High level of computer literacy
- Focussed and excellent time management
- Strong communicator
- Personable - outgoing and able to build trusting relationships with site colleagues and stakeholders.
We will help you achieve your goals by continuous professional development and genuine career progression opportunities. To make the most of this amazing opportunity and to find out more, please click apply below - we’re waiting to hear from you - what you waiting for?
Job Type: Full-time
If you feel that you are ready to be a Technologist for the UK's biggest selling food manufacturer and want to make the most of this amazing opportunity, please apply, they are looking forward to hearing from you!
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits + prospects
This role may be of interest to the following: Food Technologist, Food Technician, NPD Technologist, New Product Development Technologist, New Process, Specifications Technologist, NPD Manager, QA Technologist, NPD Assistant, NPD Graduate, NPD Administrator, QA, QC, Quality Technician, Technical, Food Production Coordinator, Controller, FMCG, Derby, Nottingham, Mansfield, Chesterfield