Raw Materials Technologist
Our client, a leading international supplier of Chilled Food Products is looking to appoint a Raw Materials Technologist for their site based in Cambridgeshire. Reporting to the Senior Process Manager, the primary objective of this role is to work closely with the Process, Technical, Product Development and Commercial teams and suppliers to evaluate, risk assess and maintain accurate documentation relating to all raw materials, both new and existing.
- In conjunction with the Development and Technical teams, write Raw Material specifications for all new materials on both web based and internal systems.
- Risk assess new proposed Raw materials for compliance to Food Safety, Customer Sourcing Codes of Practice and all current and relevant regulations.
- Work with the Group Supplier Assurance team to ensure all suppliers meet approval requirements and escalate where potential supply risks exist.
- Ensure that all ingredients used both in full scale production and new product development comply to customer requirements.
- To assist the Specification and Development teams in achieving a right first-time experience for the customer, with minimal pre-launch amendments.
- Escalate potential risks to providing a positive customer experience, identifying potential resolutions where possible.
- Ideally educated to HND / Degree level in Food Science/Food Technology or equivalent experience in food manufacturing.
- Computer literate with experience of web-based specification systems.
- Awareness of nutrition, food tolerance and allergens.
- Experience in working with suppliers to obtain relevant information.
- Good organisation and administration skills
- Able to work to given time scales
- Self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm.
- Must be able to communicate well at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- One of the UK’s leading Chilled Food Companies producing innovative and tasty products
- A Vision to ensure they deliver on their pledge to become one of the UK’s truly great food companies
- A complex and varied range of products, customers and packaging formats
- Sites operating to the highest industry standards, where Food Safety and Quality are a key priority
- A clear Technical Strategy built around a vision of guiding and driving the highest levels of Technical Excellence
If you have the relevant experience and you are looking for a challenging and interesting role within a leading food company, then this could be the job for you.
If you are interested, then please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4250 with an updated CV.