Supply Chain Manager (9 month fixed term for Maternity Leave cover)
Working with Us
ARYZTA is for people who are passionate about what they do and doing it well. We take pride in our high quality, delicious food and in our leading position as the world’s number one frozen bakery.
Our employees are one of our key ingredients, and together they play a critical role in driving the continued success of our business.
We are always looking for great people to join our diverse global team and we have opportunities spanning a wide range of areas including; Production, Logistics, Finance, IT, Sales, Quality, HR and much more.
In ARYZTA, every day is different. If you are resilient, ambitious, and a team player, ARYZTA could be the place for you to thrive and grow in your career
Role: Supply Chain Manager (9 month fixed term contract for maternity cover)
Location: Aryzta Bakeries – Kettering
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the running of the Finished Goods Warehouse which operates 7 days per week. You will be fully responsible for all case picking across day & night and ingredients & packaging. You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with H&S, QA requirements and Aryzta operational standards & procedures. Manage stock levels at 3rd party stores. Manages logistics and distribution of stock to customer depots on time and in full.
Reporting & Key Relationships:
This role reports directly into the Head of Operations and is as key member of the Senior Management Team. The role has close liaison with the Technical and Production departments which will be imperative to its success. This position also has overall responsibility for up to 24 employees with 3 direct reports.
Other Key Unit Contacts
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ingredients and packaging supplied to production in a timely manner
- The smooth day to day operation of inbound, outbound and stores
- Set realistic plan for production
- Manage key supplier and customer relationships
- Leading and developing the team to fulfil their individual capability and potential
- Manage stock levels externally and internally for raw materials and finished
- Project work, as and when necessary
- Commitment to continuous improvement
People Leadership & Development
- Lead, develop, inspire and motivate direct reports to attain performance improvements.
- Build effective Team and cross functional team working relationships
- Adopting a modern inclusive engaging leadership style that is an example to the team
- Carry out regular performance review meetings with members of the teams regarding performance expectations, standards, attendance etc
- Ensure manning levels meet agreed budgets
- Produce and deliver communication briefings ensuring awareness of company and local issues and facilitating feedback and engagement
- Create supportive working environment where employees feel involved and believe they can offer input/improvements
- Responsible for the training and development plans of the team
- Recruit and develop talent and team members ensuring full involvement and employee contributions are maximised, and a talent pool is developed for its succession planning
- Introduce a culture of continuous improvement reviewing new work practices to deliver a best in class service to the customer
- Control costs within budgetary limits
- Measure and analyse downtime and implement corrective actions
- Control and manage labour variances and all labour costs, including Agency costs, overtime
- Control and manage time and attendance including sickness absence using established Company procedures
Health & Safety
- Inspire the team in establishing a safety first culture at all times
- Ensure all staff are communicated to regarding the Company’s Health and Safety standards and how we expect our employees to behave and carry out their jobs in a safe manner at all times
- Ensure the highest possible levels of health and safety and housekeeping are upheld in line with legislative, quality and Good Working Practice requirements
- Fully support accident and near miss culture. Ensuring investigations are carried out promptly and that all relevant facts, photographs, and statements are acquired and findings are shared and actioned
- Ensure that all aspects of the customer specifications are adhered to at all times
- Consistently support the technical & QA functions
- Ensure that all corrective actions are carried out satisfactorily
- Ensure all team members are communicated to regarding the Company’s and the Customers Quality standards and how they are essential in enabling us to meet these standards
- Ensure continuous improvement plans are implemented effectively
Hours of Work:
Based on a 5 day working week but in line with good FMCG management hours worked will evolve around when and where the business needs support or attention
Essential skills, knowledge & experience:
- Substantial food manufacturing experience, preferably in a fast paced short shelf life environment.
- Proven people manufacturing experience of leading and developing large teams.
- Experienced in modern manufacturing techniques and change management programmes.
- Be hands on, flexible and adaptable with a positive attitude.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Possess a good eye for detail.
- Have computer skills, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Windows
- Building and leading teams.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Presenting & communicating.
- Constructive challenge.
- Communication across all levels and functions of the business