TECHNICAL MANAGER – FOOD MANUFACTURING
Technical Manager – Food Manufacturing
Location: West Lothian, Scotland
Circa £50,000-£60,000 (may vary depending on experience) + bonus
An opportunity for a highly experienced Technical Manager to join a leading food manufacturer in their product category has arisen. The company is well established and has continually grown over the last few years. Growth has been so rapid, they are now seeking a Technical Manager to work under the Technical Director to ensure maximum product quality.
As Technical Manager, you will ensure food safety, quality and legality are compliant using the company’s Quality Management System. Additionally, you will communicate and work closely with internal cross-functions to ensure that products adhere to company standards.
- Overall management & ownership of the company’s QMS ensuring compliance to BRC & IFS standards.
- Support the site QA teams in managing their HACCP systems.
- Direct management of the Group Central Specifications Technologist.
- Control, ownership & development of QADEX to support Supplier Approval, Raw Material & Finished Product Specifications & QMS maintenance.
- Ownership & development of systems to ensure regulatory affairs compliance both UK & Internationally.
- Ensuring all artwork is developed on time in an efficient manner with no subsequent regulatory issues.
- Raw material specification control to ensure accuracy of information at all times.
- KPI reporting on GMP audit scores, supplier quality performance and artwork approval.
- Support and respond to internal & external audits as required.
- Support site implementation of company documented policies, procedures and specifications.
- Comply with all H&S procedures
- Manage the SQA Management System.
- Manage the annual SQA audit schedule.
To be chosen for an interview, you must have experience across several years within a Technical Management role in the food industry. Ideally you will have worked across several food product categories. You must also have legal knowledge & experience of food safety and regulatory legislation.
Experience in direct supply to the UK retail sector is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with significant plans to expand, that can offer you future development and progression. There will be the chance to work with new customers, developing those relationships, as well as developing the quality team.
You will be a process driven individual who can identify areas for improvement, and drive change.
Please contact Lucy Robinson on 0113 205 4970 for further information.