Managing Director - Wine Producing Estates
- Contract Type
This is one of the most exciting projects in UK agriculture at the moment.
Our client has a clear strategy to deliver their vision of becoming the largest producer of sparkling wine in the UK. This project will do to British Sparkling wine what Prosecco has done for Italy!
De Lacy Executive are looking for 'the best Managing Director' in the industry to lead this multi million pound project. Our client already owns the largest wine estate and farming operation in Provence, France. They are now ready to transfer experience and knowledge of planting production and marketing to the UK
Our client already owns 2 vineyards and 1000 acres in the South East of England and will expand to 2000 acres over the coming years. Your role will be to drive the expansion of vine production, oversee the production of grapes, deliver on brand and market development and ensure that your sales and profit targets are achieved.
Role overview: You will be a true and strong leader who also has passion, energy and experience to build a leading business in the UK wine sector. You will be an entrepreneur with a track record of successfully operating and building businesses, brands and shareholder value. We are looking for someone who understands the elements of estate management land purchase, crop production, business management, people management. Interest or experience in the wine industry would be helpful but are not a prerequisite - what we want is someone who can deliver an agri-food strategy.
As the Managing Director, you will have primary responsibility for this business. You will work with and report directly to the highly successful entrepreneur and owner of numerous multi million pound businesses. There is already an executive board in place but you will set the overall growth strategy, be responsible for all company operations, structural leadership, hiring key staff, financial and organizational management, marketing and sales efforts. You will be responsible for the flawless execution of results and associated creation of shareholder value.
The medium term objectives for this project will;
- Successful planting of land
- planning and overseeing the construction development of processing and storage facilities
- Development of brands
- Establishment of on-site and retail activities
- Management and execution of very strong sales growth as the vineyards mature over the next three years
As Managing Director, you will;
- Oversee the FD, Technical Director, Logistics, Production, Marketing and Sales
- Document and execute an agreed business plan
- Hire key team members
- Oversee the development of the farms, i.e. planting and managing the vineyards and grape supply agreements
- Analyze potential further farm acquisitions to increase our estate to potentially 2,000 acres
- Project manage the acquisition / construction of the main processing and storage facility and the resulting management of production activities
- Manage and develop the product branding / positioning whilst developing the sales team and channels to match our production ramp up
- Develop and manage the retail offering at the various vineyards
- Manage other key reports including Finance and HR
You will have;
- Experience as an estate senior manager with a track record in executing business plans creating shareholder value
- Experience in taking an agricultural product and turning it in to a fully branded business operation would be useful
- Clear leadership skills with a track record in managing the development of strongly growing mid-sized business(es)
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work strategically, but also hands-on problem solving
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Track record of building innovative, creative, and collaborative teams
- Strong desire to lead from a strategic and tactical perspective in all aspects of day to day company operations
- Always thinking one step ahead
- Previous experience in farm estate management, agri-food production and processing, with related B2B and B2C offerings
- Experience in the wine or spirits sector is a plus but not essential
Remuneration: A highly competitive package that reflects this senior position is on offer for the right candidate and includes salary, bonus and car and other benefits.
For more information and an informal confidential discussion please call Stuart goodinson on: Office 01885 483440 or e-mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com De Lacy Executive will upload your CV to our database and retain some data about you in order to process your application. More information about our processing activities can be found at www.delacyexecutive.co.uk/privacypolicy. Please be assured that all contact is treated in complete confidence and your details will not be passed to a third party without your prior permission. Please note that this advertisement is not a job description and you should satisfy yourself about the full details at interview. De Lacy Executive is an Approved member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation, which promotes high standards in recruitment practice, and is registered with the Information Commissioners Office. De Lacy Executive complies with all relevant data protection legislation.
Apply for Managing Director - Wine Producing Estates
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Development Food Manufacturing jobs in South East England
- Operations Food Manufacturing jobs in South East England
- Sales & Marketing Food Manufacturing jobs in South East England
- Supply Chain Food Manufacturing jobs in South East England
- General Management Food Manufacturing jobs in South East England