TECHNICAL SUPPLY MANAGER
Technical Supply Manager
Location: Sleaford, Lincolnshire
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly competent Technical Supply Manager or Supplier Assurance Manager to join an expanding food business, where you will get the opportunity to work closely with a range of suppliers throughout the UK, with a focus on developing supplier relationships.
The business has recently expanded and invested heavily in the site, with further plans to grow and develop over coming years. It is an exciting time for them, with a big push on innovation and improved development facilities on site.
As Technical Supply Manager, your main responsibilities are to manage and build new supplier relationships You will develop the site’s supply chain within the technical and quality assurance function, looking at driving change and improving systems and processes.
- Manage supplier and material quality assurance through risk assessment and auditing.
- Investigate and generate technical responses to supplier related complaints.
- Liaise with customers and suppliers regarding product specifications, food safety, legality and quality issues.
- Conduct internal GMP and systems audits.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the technical and quality standards.
- Provide general support to the wider company technical functions.
To be chosen for an interview, you must have several years of experience within a Supply Chain/Quality Auditor role in the food industry. Ideally you will have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with customers and suppliers. You must have a strong knowledge of BRC, HACCP, and UK Retailer Code of Practice as well as an excellent understanding of current legislation within food and packaging categories.
Experience in direct supply to the UK retail sector is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing business with significant plans to expand, that can offer you future development and progression. There will be the chance to work with new suppliers, developing those relationships, as well as developing the quality team.
You will be a process driven individual who can identify areas for improvement, and drive change.
Please contact Juntao Chan on 0113 205 4970 for further information.