Maintenance Engineer, Willand, Devon
Do you have the four ingredients of success?
- Make things happen with agility and pace
- Seek out and thrive on a challenge
- The desire to lead in the food industry
- Entrepreneurial spirit
When you join The Company, you will become part of the UK's largest food manufacturer with ambitious plans and as such you can look forward to working with a whole bunch of talented colleagues with a shared passion for quality, service and most importantly food.
They are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to provide reactive and preventative maintenance to the site.
At the heart of this, their UK Poultry division produces a third of all poultry eaten in the UK and represents more than half of The Company's business by sales. The division employs over 7,000 people working in a chilled environment to process poultry products which are then marketed to UK consumers via major retailers.
The Willand factory is located in mid-Devon and was first established in 1898 as an egg packing plant before expanding into the meat trade. Small scale chicken processing started in 1958 which expanded over the next 50 years with the site pioneering the production of poultry for the retail market. The poultry division at Willand was acquired by in January 2008 and by 2013 over 1m birds were being processed there.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Their production sites are the core to their business and not only do they keep their business running, but they feed the UK every day. Maintenance Engineers help to keep this key site running and work with some of their impressive equipment. Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Carry out plant checks and readings on essential equipment.
- Work efficiently to ensure all electrical/mechanical engineering work is completed in a safe manner.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of production lines to identify and implement improvements.
- Carry out machine inspections, conduct relevant repairs or improvements and carry their preventative maintenance on equipment.
Can you do it? Yes you can, if you're fanatical about food, thrive under pressure and have the can-do spirit that's created their success. Bring those qualities, with the following and you will have the recipe for success:
- Be a fully qualified/time served Mechanical or Electrical Engineer
- Have experience in a manufacturing / production environment
- Possess strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with production
- Be IT literate
WHO ARE THEY AND WHAT IS IN IT FOR YOU?
The Company is one of the UK's biggest food manufacturers providing great tasting products to the nation, from chicken to cookies and pizza to pies!
With over 40 sites in England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland, you have the opportunity and flexibility to pick your ideal location.
They employ over 23,000 staff, all of whom have the opportunity to progress as they focus on promoting from within and you can be part of that too.
Knowing that their business is only as good as the people they employ, they ensure that they invest in people like you to enhance skills and professional development.
Hours of Work: 4 on 4 off (combined days and nights)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits + Prospects
This role may be of interest to the following: Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrician, Mechanic, Multiskilled, Supervisor, Team Leader, PPM, Food Manufacturing, FMCG, Production, Manufacturer, Operations, Food, Drink, Beverages, Production, Willand, Tiverton, Taunton, Exeter