You have the chance to join a well established FMCG manufacturer that are looking to drive engineering improvements across their site based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Shift Engineer you will be instrumental in ensuring that planned preventative maintenance is performed on equipment.
This company are a leading FMCG manufacturer with a well recognised product range, looking for a Shift Engineer in order to strengthen their manufacturing site in the Hertfordshire area. This business strives to continuously improve & as a result are investing heavily in continuous improvement initiatives.
As the Shift Engineer you will be providing safe and efficient 24/7 engineering support to production to minimise downtime and maintain site equipment in the best possible condition. You will be working as part of the site engineering team to strive towards the continuous improvement of the site's capability to deliver our business goals.
- To maintain a proactive approach to safety, quality and hygiene to ensure standards are maintained and improved.
- To maximise the up-time of production machinery and to assist in meeting the agreed production plan for the shift.
- To undertake continuous improvements on the plant to improve productivity, ways of working and/or value engineering.
- To manage day-to-day routines, assisting operators in maximising up-time of production machinery. Ensure the development of operators to carry out routine mechanical tasks as detailed in the Operator Skills module, thereby contributing to the overall success of the plant.
- To liaise with the Engineering Co-ordinator and other Engineers to ensure that breakdown and planned maintenance is carried out as agreed and downtime is minimised.
- To be a role model within the Engineering Team in assisting and driving the agreed standards.
- To work with procurement specialist in ensuring there are available spares whilst adhering to the agreed procedure.
- To carry out job and shift handovers as required, ensuring relevant information is passed on.
- To ensure individual accountability for best practices and keeping skills up to date.
- To provide 24 hour, 7 day cover as required to support the site operation.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably requested by the Engineering Co-ordinator, Engineering Manager or other members of the Site Management Team.
THIS ROLE WILL INCLUDE NIGHTS AS PART OF A ROTATING SHIFT PATTERN.
A Multi-Skilled/ Shift Engineer with experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (ideally food manufacturing or packaging industry). The successful applicant will also have the following:
- Experience within the
- Recognised Apprenticeship with electrical and/or Mechanical qualifications
- NVQ / City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications
- Electrical bias with mechanical awareness
- 17th Edition Training
- The ability to work on own initiative and demonstrate good problem solving and decision making skills
- The ability to work as an individual & as part of a team
Circa £36,500 + Shift Allowance