JLM Global Foods is a snack manufacturer located in Darlington, Co Durham. The company produces foods for a healthier lifestyle including a range of retailer and own branded products.
We require a Maintenance Manager to lead the Maintenance team to ensure all machinery is maintained to a safe working condition and support the production department. The individual will be responsible for leading maintenance systems, overseeing the continuous improvement of the manufacturing process and executing long-term strategic plans.
The role and key tasks are:
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees in the maintenance department
- Coordinate work performed by third parties
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates
- Prioritise the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts
- Control and monitor inventory
- Implement safety policies and procedures for the department
- Ensure safe and established working practices are followed at all times.
- Understand the HACCAP system operated within the Company and therefore the food safety risks and controls in place to minimise these risks, and ensure the maintenance staff fully understand the risks.
- Ensure that Quality Control procedures are fully implemented.
- Ensure that the ‘Clean As You Go’ and ‘Good Manufacturing Process’ policies are being followed at all times by maintenance staff.
- Be responsible for co-ordinating all resources within the maintenance department to achieve the most efficient use of labour, materials and plant.
- Prioritise tasks and have a good understanding of product demand
- Be responsible for managing and delivering training to maintenance staff and attend any training when required
- Understand the manufacturing processes and systems throughout the factory in detail.
- Be responsible for plant performance with regard to mechanical/electrical issues.
- Ensure Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are achieved and recorded.
To be considered for the role you must have:
- Previous experience in a maintenance management role
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, hydraulic and mechanical systems
- Ability to interpret blueprints, specifications and schematics
- Knowledge of good food industry manufacturing practices and hygiene standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact well with others at all levels, including customers and auditors.
- Exceptional report writing skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly, whilst under pressure.
- Be self-motivated.
- Ability to work overtime at short notice.
- Work as part of a team and able to cover other requirements as necessary.
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum depending on experience