Hygiene Manager- Night shift
Company Name: Mitie
Job Title: Hygiene Manager- Nightshift
Hours: 40hrs per week
Package: Competitive Salary, Pension, Holiday and other Staff Benefits
Mitie has a great opportunity for a Nightshift Hygiene Manager to join the team at Blue Earth Foods based in Redditch.
Mitie is currently seeking a Hygiene Manager to head up their Hygiene function at Blue Earth Foods a leading food manufacturer based in Redditch on nights. The role will report into the Operations Manager and be working in a fast paced manufacturing facility. You will be accountable for the quality, efficiency and standards of cleaning in the area of responsibility through effective utilisation of both people and resources.
The successful Hygiene Manager will have a strong history working within the a food manufacturing environment and will also have man management skills with the ability to communicate clearly and motivate a team of Hygiene operatives and Team Leaders.
Night Hygiene Manager Responsibilities include:
- Participate in operational meetings to ensure all issues are communicated and shift changeovers take place efficiently.
- Manage absence and disciplinary issues including wage queries, holiday requests from Team Leaders.
- Communicate and liaise with other departments on all relevant hygiene issues.
- Audit all necessary paperwork to ensure they are completed in an accurate and timely manner, e.g. training records, cleaning records.
- Day to day organization of the hygiene Team Leaders, which will include organising shift patterns and arranging cover due to absence.
- Monitor swabbing results to pick out any trends and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure all deep cleaning jobs are completed to a high microbiological standard.
- Ensure correct staffing levels and training skills are maintained.
- Maintain and improve Key Performance Indicators
- Manage staff discipline, work performance and absence issues.
- Maintain and build staff morale.
- Hold annual Hygiene Team Leader Personal Development Meetings (Appraisals).
- Develop and promote a health and safety culture.
- Organizing COSHH assessments on chemicals and other substances used by the hygiene department
- Monitor staff job rotation and carry out risk assessments to ensure jobs are done safely.
- Ensure swift accident investigation is carried out and preventative measures put in place and frequently monitored.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) are correctly followed.