Assistant Hygiene Manager
Assistant Nights Hygiene Manager, near Barnsley, Food Manufacturing
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Nights Hygiene Manager to join our night's team. Reporting directly to the Night Hygiene Manager the main purpose of this role will be to manage, monitor and improve hygiene standards in a high care food factory. Ensuring that high standards of factory hygiene are maintained without affecting the safety of the product or manufacturing efficiencies.
The role covers all aspects of cleaning/ hygiene from short term daily duties, to weekly, to monthly and to periodic cleaning frequencies. The depth of cleaning shall include duties ranging from batch surface contact sanitization through to full equipment strip down and deep cleans.
Main duties include but are not restricted to:
- Being a hygiene contact and providing timely and high standards of hygiene services in the absence of the night hygiene manager.
- Liaising effectively with the other managers, technical manager, and other Key Discipline Heads.
- Assist in controlling all hygiene matters relating to the cleanliness and hygiene of the site. Planning, managing, organizing and maintaining hygiene standards and processes.
- Supervision and day to day management of the night shift hygiene team and operational teams.
- To ensure that Health and Safety rules are complied with and that staff are fully aware of their Health and Safety responsibilities.
- To evaluate and recommend the training requirements within the night Hygiene and operational departments and to arrange such training when authorised and appropriate to do so.
- Implement and maintain management information systems to aid the management of and reporting of Hygiene KPI's including Microbiological Standards, Effective Labour Utilisation, Stock control Management Systems, Budget Management, Cleaning Schedules as well as Safe Systems for work.
- To deputise in the absence of the hygiene manager
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience in a high and low care food environment with experience of BRC/EFSIS accreditation and HACCP
- RSH / IEHO Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate Training Certificates in: The Management of cleaning and disinfection, Chemical Safety and Hygiene, COSHH Regulations and assessment
- Strong track record in leading and training hygiene teams
- Experience in implementing and managing hygiene schedules
- Authority on hygiene/GMP related CCP's
- Good knowledge of products & processes to ensure hygiene/cleaning standards are appropriately applied. Application of cleaning & disinfection techniques
- Good understanding of significance of pathogen controls and preventive measures
- Ability to react to hygiene indicators/trends before a quality failure occurs
- Effective communicator & trainer
- Ability to maintain records and write reports
- A commitment to self-management and goal setting as the role will inevitably be carried out remote to the main site based managerial team
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
Salary: £Competitive Salary +benefits
To Apply: Please press the 'apply' button
This role may be of interest to people in the following: Hygiene Manager, Hygiene Team Leader, Facilities Manager, Quality Manager, QA Manager, Hygiene Supervisor, Hygiene Controller, Hygiene Key Operative, Hygiene Team Manager, Technical Coordinator, QA Supervisor, Health and Safety, Doncaster, Wakefield, Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley, South Yorkshire