Product Development Manager – Sweet Bakery
3 days left
- Contract Type
Our client is a leading food manufacturing company. They are currently recruiting for a strong Product Development Manager to join their operation in West Sussex.
- Provide new product concepts in response to signed off internal & external briefs – on time and to the agreed costs and of quality.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders, account managers, process, technical and ops to ensure that all these departments are engaged in the process.
- Seek creative process solutions within the existing manufacturing methods, working with the process and operational teams.
- Manage your NPD & EPD projects from concept through to successful launch of said projects.
- Work closely with customers in the development of innovative products, additionally you will;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with our customers
- Support the account managers by assisting with and attending product presentations and making samples as requested by the account managers.
- Jointly manage customer visits with both the accounts manager and supply chain.
- Work closely with the Marketing department on latest trends, ingredients and packaging
- Work closely with the process and ops teams to ensure that you have a good understanding of the company’s manufacturing capabilities.
- Understand how recipe and process impact on costs and communicate changes
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree Level/HND in Food Science , Bakery Science or Chemistry (or equivalent)
- 5-6 years industry experience in bakery or similar products.
- Good planning, organisation and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to liaise with customers confidently and professionally
- A genuine interest in food.
Apply for Product Development Manager – Sweet Bakery
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly