This is an opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a global organisation that really values the people within the organisation and offers fast track career progression.
My client is a Global Food Organisation that is well known for some of the UK & Irelands most notable brands. They are also a leading producer of supermarket private label products such as chilled and frozen ready meals, cooked meats and dairy products. . They are currently looking for an Operations Manager to manage all activities within the manufacturing and production process on site ensuring all goals and targets are met within agreed time frames.
Reporting into the General Manager of the site and also a dotted line to the Head of Operations this Operations Manager will manage all activities within manufacturing & production at their production facility in West London that manufactures products for major high street retailers. You will be responsible for;
- Lead and develop your team managers to ensure they are engaged and high performing
- Identify Managers and Leaders who have the ability to progress
- Develop and implement a site operational strategy to meet the goals of the site continually
- Undertake competitive bench marking assessments to ensure operational targets are met
- Establish performance targets in People, Quality, Service and Waste
- Manage and own total cost of conversion on site, focusing on systems & operational activity standardisation and improvement.
- Lead and promote the site operations with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan
- Manage the requirements for Capital funding to meet needs development of new products
- Through analysis of Production Streams Performance Data, identify performance gaps, trends and improvement opportunities and communicate internally to production streams and management team.
- As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects
To be successful in this role you will need to be an experienced leader of people within a manufacturing environment, ideally coming from a chilled food background.
- Chilled food manufacturing experience
- Track record of success in building performance strategies across site so that this aligns with all departments
- Need experience of manual processes not from a highly automated environment
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Lean manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
On offer is a competitive salary package and extensive career progression.